Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Finally home....

Wow is all I can say about the last few days. It's been a whirlwind of craziness.

Sunday morning when I got to the hospital the nurse told me that we were going to be discharged.....WOW what a little trooper we have. We are totally amazed at how well he did. Children have such a resilience. It's incredible. We got home Sunday at about 4:00 p.m. Shortly thereafter I called home health to let them know we were home. About an hour later the deliveries of supplies and equipment began. Respiratory came first and dropped off the pulse ox/heart rate monitor, cough assist, and suction. Shortly after that, all the g-tube supplies showed up and after that the nurse came to show us how to set up and use the infusion pump. Talk about overwhelming...

The first few nights on our own have went okay for the most part. It's definitely been a learning experience. We see the surgeon on November 18th, for a follow up and then Noah will have his sleep study on December the 4th. I was able to stay home with Noah yesterday which was nice to get him situated at home again...

I am trying to be strong but it is a constant fight every day. I feel the darkness closing in on me and feel as though I am suffocating...I hope this feeling eventually goes away... It has been 24 days since he was diagnosed and I feel like it's been months. I just want to be able to breathe again.....

1 Peter 5:9-10   Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace,who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

3 comments:

  1. I was SO glad to hear updates that he was home already. I'm impressed that he is recovering so well and putting on weight. That is great. You continue to be in our prayers. We would love to get together again. Let us know when you guys are up to it.
    -Tamaran

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray the blood of Jesus over Noah and your family and that Phil 4:19 that all your needs will be met according to His riches and glory in Christ Jesus. My prayer is that Noah will continue to put on weight and be strengthened and amaze you, Lauren and Lane, with quickened healing. - Tonya's friend.

    ReplyDelete