Saturday, October 15, 2011

New normal...

As I sit here, I wonder how long it will take for my mind to wrap around the idea that this is our new "normal".

I think of the struggles that Noah will face in his lifetime and the fact that he will have to literally fight for his life.

I thought that I would breeze through the day yesterday but reality really slapped me in the face. All the equipment and different things that he will need is overwhelming.

My heart breaks for him.....and aches for him.

I pray they find a cure. I pray that he stays strong. I pray that he starts eating better so we can avoid another surgery.

1 comment:

  1. We know that this is overwhelming...that's not even a good word for it. Words fall short of describing the feelings, the emotions, and the toll SMA takes on children & parents. We are right there with you as we take care of Ella. Take one moment at a time, literally. You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete